Delicious will be the word echoing around the mountains of Snowmass. The 4th Annual Snowmass Culinary Festival is sauteing up some treats Friday, August 9 and Saturday, August 10. Food and libations come together in the Palate of Pairings, featuring 20 small plates prepared by local and regional chefs, paired with beer, wine and spirits. The Perfect Day in Snowmass includes Anderson Ranch Arts Center’s 33rd Annual Art Auction and Community Picnic along with the Snowmass Village Heritage Celebration—all set in the scenic mountain splendor of Snowmass Village, Colorado.
The annual Anderson Ranch Arts Center’s art auction is the Ranch’s largest fundraiser of the year and a highlight of the Snowmass summer. Come peruse and bid on more than 200 pieces of art in a festive community atmosphere with a fun picnic lunch. All proceeds of the auction benefit the educational programs of the Anderson Ranch Arts Center. The art auction is free to attend. The picnic lunch is $15 for adults and children 12 and under eat for free. To check out the works of art or to bid online, go tohttp://paddle8.com/auctions/andersonranch.
The Snowmass Culinary Festival features Chef and host of the PBS Texas Cooking & Lifestyle series, Christy Rost and local chefs including Chef Daniel Forster of Venga Venga and Chef James Mazzio of The Edge Restaurant. The cooking demonstrations are free on Saturday, August 10. Tickets for the two-hour Palate of Pairings are only $45 ($10 discount with an Anderson Ranch auction paddle.) For more information on The Perfect Day in Snowmass or to purchase tickets for the Palate of Pairings, go to www.snowmasstourism.com. For more information on the art auction go to www.andersonranch.org.
Chronicle the unique history and people of Snowmass Village and be the first to preview the inspiring book “The Story of Snowmass Village.” A patron event held at the Viceroy Snowmass will begin at 6:00pm with libations on the Nest Deck. The Community Reception begins at 6:30pm, followed by the live art auction and dinner in the main ballroom of the Viceroy from 7:00pm until 9:00pm. There are two ticket options to choose from; Ticket Option 1 includes the Patron Sponsor Reception, dinner/dessert for $150 and Ticket Option 2 includes dinner/dessert for $50. For more information call 970-929-9090. This event is presented by the Snowmass Rotary.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, August 9
- 5-7pm Learn how to prepare authentic Mexican Beef Empanada by Chef Daniel Forster,
paired with Tequila flights at Venga Venga. Additional passed appetizers and flight of Casa Noble Tequila.
Cost: $40 tax and tip included.
- 5:30pm Krabloonik Adventure Series featuring guest speaker Lance Mackey, four-time winner
of the Alaskan Iditarod Dog Sled race and the Yukon Quest. Event is free. For more
information, call 970-923-3953.
Saturday, August 10
- 11:30am-2pm Silent Auction, community picnic & live auction at Anderson Ranch Arts Center
- 11:30am-2pm Lunch Buffet at Anderson Ranch Arts Center. Cost: $15 for adults, kids 12 and
under eat for free.
- 12:30-1:45pm Live art auction at Anderson Ranch Arts Center
- 1-2pm Chef Demo: Chef Christy Rost – Deconstructing Delicious: What Makes Flavors
of Colorado So Fabulous
- 1:30-3pm Margaritas & Ice Cream Bar at Anderson Ranch Arts Center
- 2-3pm` Chef Demo: Chef James Mazzio – Easy Marinades, Rubs, & Sauces for Outdoor
- 3-4pm Wine Seminar: Nicholas Post from the International Wine Guild will discuss the basics
of pairing wine and food and provide two examples featuring French regional wines and specialty cheeses.
- 4-6pm Palate of Pairings, indulge in a feast of 20 small plates prepared by
local and regional chefs paired with beer, wines and spirits. Cost: $45.
- 6-9pm Snowmass Village Heritage Celebration, “The Story of Snowmass Village” reception
live auction, and dinner at the Viceroy Snowmass. This event is presented by the Snowmass Rotary.
To buy tickets, call 970-927-9090 or go to www.snowmassrotary.com.
Tickets for Saturday’s event offer an incredible value at only $45 for the chef cooking demonstrations with food samplings along with the delicious and plentiful two-hour Palate of Pairings.. Yum!
~MTN Town Magazine
Photo Credits: Snowmass Tourism
MtnTownViews.com is MTN Town Magazine‘s daily journal blogging about Colorado’s mountain towns and resorts. Like them on Facebook and Follow on Twitter. Click the cover to read the Winter 2012-13 Issue.
© 2013 MTN Town Magazine. All rights reserved. Republication, in part or entirety, requires permission.