Opera Houses in Colorado mountain towns? Yes! They have been here a lot longer then you have AND they are pretty cool! For travelers who love live entertainment and mountain towns, now is a great time to plan a summer tour of the Circuit in Aspen, Central City, Leadville, Ouray, and Telluride.
The Colorado Historic Opera House Circuit has announced its summer shows, with opera and much more—world-class music of all kinds, theater, comedy, films, cowboy poetry, and community events.
For travelers who love live entertainment and mountain towns, now is a great time to plan a summer tour of the Circuit in Aspen, Central City, Leadville, Ouray, and Telluride.
The Colorado Historic Opera Houses Circuit connects five opera houses in the Colorado mountains. There, visitors can see a world-class performance in an elegant historic setting that still carries the mystique of Colorado’s early mining boom days and explore some of Colorado’s most picturesque mountain towns.
Summer lineups include the following events:
- Central City Opera House in Central City: Central City Opera 2023 Festival, “Brush Up Your Shakespeare,” three musical adaptations of timeless Shakespearean stories (June 24-Aug. 6).
- Sheridan Opera House in Telluride: Mountainfilm (May 25-29), 30th Annual Wild West Fest (June 4-10) Telluride Bluegrass Festival (June 15-18), 20th Annual Telluride Plein Air (June 28-July 4), Telluride Americana Music Festival (July 13-16), Andy Frasco and the UN Live in Concert (Aug. 5), and Telluride Mushroom Festival (Aug. 16-20).
- Tabor Opera House in Leadville: The Hazel Miller Band (June 17), Broadway’s Christiane Noll & Richard Carsey (July 8), The Army 101st Band (June 23), The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee musical comedy (July 20-22), comedian Vinnie Montez (Aug. 26), and Vail Valley Band and cowboy poet Jake Riley (Sept. 2).
- Wheeler Opera House in Aspen: Jazz Aspen Snowmass (June 23-24) and Opera Encounters and Vocal Arts Showcase (July 1-Aug. 19).
- Wright Opera House in Ouray: Ouray International Film Festival (June 23-26) and The Great Ice Cream Scheme (July 21-24).
Visitors will have a vacation to remember, exploring the best of Colorado’s historic downtowns and outdoor activities and seeing modern-day arts on historic stages. This summer, Circuit opera houses will also host festivals celebrating everything from bluegrass to mushrooms to plein air painting, plus historic tours with fascinating stories.
The project is funded by a 2023 Marketing Matching Grant from the Colorado Tourism Office. Grant partners for 2023 include the Aspen Chamber Resort Association, Central City Opera House Association, City of Central City, Sheridan Arts Foundation, Tabor Opera House Preservation Foundation, Visit Leadville-Twin Lakes, and the Wheeler Opera House.
For more information about the Colorado Historic Opera Houses Circuit please visit ColoradoOperaHouses.com.
For a List of all of Colorado’s Theaters: Click Here
Story Sponsored by Mountain Lodge Telluride
MTN Town Media Productions | Celebrating the Colorado mountain lifestyle for 10 Years
Copyright 2023 MTN Town Media Productions all rights reserved.