- August 1: 5th Annual Winter Park SolShine Music Festival
Attendees will enjoy music from Colorado favorite and event headliner, Leftover Salmon. Other acts include Coral Creek, Vince Herman, Andy Thorn and Greg Garrison’s Burning Grass, and others throughout Winter Park. This free event is presented by KBCO, Odell Brewing Company, Rocky Mountain Honda dealers, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa/Volario’s, and Real Estate of Winter Park.
- August 15: Winter Park Music Festival
Another free festival in Winter Park’s Hideaway Park, the Winter Park Music Festival is from noon-6 p.m. Hear 38 Special, Lou Gramm, The Voice of Foreigner and The Rick Lewis Project while enjoying the onsite food and beverage vendors. The event is sponsored by Odell Brewing Company, Rocky Mountain Honda dealers, and Colorado Access.
- August 22: Winter Park Uncorked
For this new event, wine lovers will converge in Winter Park for wine tasting, accompanied by live music from Greg Holden, cooking demonstrations, and food sampling. Winter Park Uncorked will be held in Winter Park’s Hideaway Park from 12 p.m.-5 p.m. and is presented by KBCO and Rocky Mountain Honda dealers.
- Ride or hike the 600 miles of trails around Winter Park that make the area Mountain Bike Capital USA™. It’s free, as long as you have your own bike. Affordable rentals are available at numerous bike shops around town. At Granby Ranch you can even ride the chair lift for free Wednesdays through Sundays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. from May 22 (weather permitting) through September 27.
- Ride Colorado’s longest Alpine Slide at Winter Park Resort. Cost is $15 for adults, $6 for kids 5 and under.
- Play, even if you don’t stay, at YMCA of the Rockies/Snow Mountain Ranch. Day passes for visitors are $20 for adults and $10 for children ages 6-12 (kids under 6 get in free). Activities include disc golf, pool, basketball/volleyball courts, craft shop, playgrounds and hiking, among others.
- Fishing in the Lion’s Club ponds is free for kids under 18. Inexpensive rod rentals are available across the street at the fly shop, or you can bring your own gear for free.
- Cooper Creek Square in the center of Winter Park has free family fun throughout the summer with ice cream socials, juggling, comedy and magic stage shows, street performers, face painting and crafts and more!
- At the hip new Foundry Cinema & Bowl in Winter Park, movies are $10, bowling is $12/person/hour (or only $9/person/hour from 4-6 p.m.!), and food starts at only $6.50.
- Mountain Moon Yoga offers a variety of yoga classes for all skill levels throughout the week for just $15 per class, while Elevate Pilates & Physical Therapy has group Pilates classes for $20 each. Free Fitness in the Park classes are offered every Sunday, June 14-Aug. 30, in downtown Winter Park.
- Take a brewery tour or do a wine tasting at the Hideaway Park Brewery, Moffat Station Brewery, The Library and Winter Park Winery. There are also happy hours at various locations around town. Check with the staff at the Winter Park Information Center (78841 US Highway 40) for tour and tasting details, and a weekly list of happy hour specials.
- Brush up on the history of the area by visiting one of the fascinating museums in the area. Cozens Ranch Museum is the site of the first ranch and stage stop in the Fraser Valley. Admission is $5/adults, $4/seniors (62 and older), $3/students and free for children under six. The Kauffman House Museum, which costs just $5 for adults and is free for kids 12 and under, is the last of the early Grand Lake log hotels in existence. AtPioneer Village Museum in nearby Hot Sulphur Springs tools, clothing and artifacts from the old West live on. Admission is $5/adults, $4/seniors (60 and older), $3/students and free for children under five
We love Winter Park. It’s relaxed and laid back atmosphere coupled with great outdoor scenery and recreational activities make it the perfect Basecamp for anytime of the year, especially summer and the 4th of July holiday! Head to their website for a ton more information: http://www.playwinterpark.com/
~MTN Town Magazine
Video and Images Courtesy of Winter Park Resort and PlayWinterPark.com
MTN Town Magazine Copyright © 2015 | MTN Town Magazine all rights reserved. All editorial and images are property of MTN Town Magazine and require permission for use and re-publication.