The Shores at Breckenridge – Property of the Week
When searching for a retreat from the hectic life of the city and suburbs what are you looking for in a property? Some of us long for seclusion but many others seek out access to wonderful amenities and activities. Fresh air, beautiful views and the lull of the Blue River’s water descending from the 10 Mile Range and Continental Divide make The Shores at Breckenridge a highly desired community to live and visit. This 10-acre resort community is perfectly situated along Breckenridge’s Blue River almost equal-distance from the Town of Breckenridge and Frisco, Colorado.
56 semi-custom paired homes and clustered single-family, detached homes with three or four bedrooms and three and one-half baths have extensive outdoor space surrounding each structure and great fishing out your front door. Not all in your family might find fishing is their passion which in their case and yours The Shores is perfect as it offers a plethora of activities and things to do from its doorstep.
Golf is across the street at the Jack Nicklaus-designed Breckenridge Golf Club. The bike path, yards away from The Shores leads to all of Summit County’s towns and beyond. Look out the window and you will see the Breckenridge Ski Resort’s five huge peaks spanning 2,908 acres. No need to drive, the Summit Stage bus stops and transports you from the nearby bus shelter to the resort. If a Nordic adventure is more your style the adjacent bike path that runs by the community is groomed and transformed into a fabulous trail to skate or classic ski during the winter and connects to the Gold Run Ski Center and Frisco Nordic Center.
The newly built homes at the Shores are bright and well thought out with luxurious natural finishes, lofted ceilings and great spaces for families to gather and relax.
- Open floor plans from 2,300 square feet to 2,800 square feet
- Vaulted ceilings in the great room and select bedrooms; large windows afford views of the Rocky Mountains, Blue River and protected open space
- High-end finishes, including natural stone flooring, and Quartzsite tile foyer
- Kitchens with Bosch appliances (including a French door refrigerator, dual zone wine refrigerator, built-in wall oven, and gas cooktop), slab granite countertops and large pantries; shaker style cabinetry with oak flooring
- Master bedrooms are on the main floor, with spacious open plan bathrooms with soaking tub and frameless glass shower
- Countertops, floor, and wall tiles are natural stone (guest bathrooms feature solid quartz surfaces)
- Expansive second story outdoor decks on select single-family homes
- Gas fireplaces with stone surrounds accent the great room and master bedroom
- Natural gas and radiant heat
- Laundry rooms or closets with Whirlpool washer and dryer
- Storage and closets include an owner’s storage closet for residents who choose to rent for part of the year
- Two-car garages include interior access
In June 2014, Meriwether and Pathfinder acquired the property, entitled for a total of 40 residences. In 2016, the Town of Breckenridge approved their plan to also build single-family, detached homes on the property ranging in size from 2,300 to 2,800 square feet.
Currently, eight homes are for sale and nine homes are under construction, with the final three homes that broke ground this spring. The community is slated for completion in early 2020.
With this stunning backdrop and access to world-class amenities, it would be easy to call The Shores home or home away from home.
Mountain Town Magazine | We are Colorado’s Mountain Town Magazine
Copyright 2019 MTN Town Magazine all rights reserved.