The 13th Annual Backcountry Film Festival sponsored by Backcountry Babes and the Winter Wildlands Alliance will show in Breckenridge January 23rd at 6:30pm at Colorado Mtn College. The film festival premieres every November in Boise, Idaho, and tours over 100 locations worldwide. Breck got lucky!
The Backcountry Film Festival is a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization that partners with groups like Backcountry Babes at the local level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award-winning lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
- The Space Within, DPS Skis Cinematic | 5 min 28 sec
- Ruth Gorge, Noah Howell | 8 min 1 sec
- Below 0, Itai Hagage | 4 min 54 sec
- The End of Snow, Jane Zelikova and Morgan Heim | 20 min 35 sec
- Follow Through, Anya Miller and Becca Cahall | 21 min 48 sec
- Genesis, Ben Sturgulewski and Dan Pizza | 5 min 50 sec
- Idaho 12ver Project, Mark Ortiz | 12 min 10 sec
- Adventure Not War, Max Lowe | 7 min 35 sec
Location: Colorado Mountain College – 107 Denison Placer Road, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Doors Open 6 pm, Raffle and Social at 6:30pm — proceeds support Backcountry Babes women’s avalanche education scholarships.
Film starts at 7pm
Admission is $12: Purchase online at www.backcountrybabes.com/films/ or at the door.
Sounds like a very good night. Come join them.
~MTN Town Magazine
Feature Photo Credit: Itai Hagage
MTN Town Magazine | We are Colorado’s Mountain Town Magazine
Copyright © 2018 MTN Town Magazine all rights reserved.